Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need to cancel? If we are able to rebook your cabin, in the same manner you reserved it, you’ll get you deposit back minus a $50 cancellation fee. If we cannot rebook it, regardless of when you cancel, you will not receive your deposit back.
We welcome pet dogs (ONLY) at SweetWater during the months of May through October. We DO NOT accept dogs during the winter season. We ask our guests to observe the following guidelines:
1. A charge of $60.00/week or 10.00/day is assessed to each dog, MAXIMUM of 2 dogs per cabin. This includes any dogs brought by family or friends who are visiting our guests.
2. At check-in, guest must present current pet immunization records (rabies, bordetella, and distemper) for all dogs, or we will require that you board your pet at the nearest kennel.
3. Dogs are never to be left alone at any time, inside or outside of the cabins.
4. When outside, all dogs must be accompanied by owner, leashed at all times, cleaned up after, and kept quiet.
5. We prefer you keep pets off beds and furniture. If they are used to being on the furniture please bring sheets or blankets to cover the furniture/beds.
6. The guest is financially responsible and liable for ALL actions/damage caused by their dog(s).
7. We reserve the right to kennel all dogs causing disturbance to other guests.
SweetWater Resort Disclaimer: SweetWater Resort or its owners will not be held liable for any pet injury, illness or worms contracted while at SweetWater resort.
Example: a 3 night stay – arrive on Saturday & depart on Tuesday or a 4 night stay – arrive on Tuesday and depart on Saturday. Minimum 3 night stay.
What are your check-in/check-out times? Check-in is 2pm or after and check-out is 9am any day. However, if there is no one checking into your cabin or out of your cabin on the day you arrive or depart, then check-in/check-out can be negotiable. Call or email to inquire. In the off-season (October-May), our check-in time is after 1pm and check-out is by 11am.
Can we have day guests and is there a charge? Guests must notify management, in advance, that they will be expecting visitors and provide names at the office. All guests AND Visitors must register in the office. Visitors who come just to visit for the day are free. If they choose to stay overnight in your cabin with you, they pay the extra person nightly charge of $15/person (when it exceeds the base rate of that cabin).